anyone in florida have a few baby chicks?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenbottom, Oct 3, 2010.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i went on craigslist and i found one person close to me and he said he cant sell only 2 or 3 chicks for my hen he only sells big numbers like 25-100 and above. so anyone around me have chicks? cheap ones? thanks you in advance.

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Try searching craigslist in areas close to you. There is a lady here in Jacksonville that has a bunch of chicks for $4 each and will sell 1, 2, 4, 15, whatever you want. They are young 5 days old.

When I was looking for chicks at Christmas time, I found none local, but a few sellers in nearby cities.

ALSO, find the swap listing here on BYC for your area and post a request there.

3. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    jacksonville is pretty far i dont have a car so its kinda hard lol. but ill try craigslist again.

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Oh! go to a swap! Let me look for cmomc Florida swap list, or find nava's sunny side up Florida list.
    I will see what I can search out for you. [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
  6. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Where is Hollister?

7. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:hollister is about 30-40 minutes from gainsville havent been there in a while lol
    its right in the middle of palataka(to the right) and interlachen (to the left)

8. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:thank you hopefully i can find something. i have tried to make it to swaps but not having a car is hard to get around. i ride to work on my bike lol

9. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Yes, that would make it difficult. Post on the Florida thread and maybe a really nice BYC'r in your area can bring you some chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by