anyone in grand prairie tx?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by joan1708, May 18, 2011.

1. joan1708

joan1708 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    DFW - mid cities, Tx
    I'm looking for a group or people interested in changing ordinances in grand prairie texas.

2. Jr005

Jr005 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm in grand prairie and about to buy chickens.. I was hoping grand prairie was not strict..

3. ChubbySister

ChubbySister Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2015
    I'm interested!

4. ButtaCup

ButtaCup Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2014
    We are in OKC and trying to get poultry legalized. My daughter went before the council and got a very good response from them. She concentrated on the educational aspect of poultry and was able to get great responses from the council members. They told her that if the educational aspects had been presented before, poultry would have already been legalized. Now we just have to go through the process to get this issue back up for a vote by the council. I think we have a good chance this time!!

I hope this helps.

5. ChubbySister

ChubbySister Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2015
    Hello ButtaCup! The educational aspect is a good point. My niece goes to Grand Prairie school district and her elementary school has chickens! They hatch and raise them and their last batch of chicks was 12.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by