1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone in Ky or TN want a huge male cochin?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cthrash1, Jun 20, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    He is 3 1/2 months old and going through puberty...He is already huge(about table size) and beautiful with nice bright red comb/wattles...Son wanted to put him in state fair....He thinks he is the top stud in the coop. Looks like he would be a good breeder because he is really active. Even trying to mount the new chicks about 1/4th his size but can't figure out where to put his feet, so funny. Can't keep him as he is going from really sweet to the opposite. Don't want mean chickensbecause we have kids around but kids won't eat chicken again if I have him slaughtered for us, so maybe one of you guys can use him for breeding or food? I am in Somerset, Ky. Am willing to meet halfway if not more than an hour and half one way.
    Oh yeah...He is white and beautiful

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Anyone? [​IMG] He's free!!

3. ChickieWhickie

ChickieWhickie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Western KY
    where are you at?

4. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I am interested. Where are you located?

5. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    i want him...i am near Ky and Tenn....tell me ya still got him...P:)eace

6. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I am in Somerset, ky(Pulaski co.)... about an hour and half south of Lexington. Lake Cumberland area. And yes he is still here. Will try to get a good pic of him tomorrow morning when we let them out for the day...then one of you guys can decide who would like to have him. for now here is one a couple weeks ago. He's the big one in the center.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  7. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    May have more later in the Fall(again free) ... I have gone overboard on chickens but only have room for little over half of the new batch in the brooder. DH said some have to go. Other than Pouf(the big male Cochin in this listing who came from TSC) and his coopmates, I also have Ideal and MMM chicks(these last two batches are in the brooder). Ideal and MMM orders have 2 to 3 of just about all color silkies they offer: red, buff(although right now these look just like the reds, gray,blue(gonna try to keep both of these), partridge, white, 2 to 3 each of the following Cochin Bantams: Partridge, self blue, black, 1 male Silver Spangled Hamburg, 1 sultan?(I think, probably keep if he doesn't crow too loudly),1 Australorp(keeping), 2 male, 3 female Favs(may give 2 males & 1 Female), 3 black Rosecombs. Ok I'm forgetting 3 but that's okay...Prob another color. I'm going to try to keep one or two of each but can't have too many roo's even though they are beautiful and we love to hear them crow...Unfortunately our neighbors may not appreciation the constant crowing all day with all the guys taking turns.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    i am still wantin him...lol....i am in Crab Orchard,Ky...close to you...do you ever go to the london ,Ky flea market?? hope to see ya soon...Bluedog

9. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    He looks nice, but since there are people closer who want him, I will bow out. Like you said if you have more later, maybe I can get one then.

10. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Wow should have checked this before I let the chickies out...[​IMG] Oh well, will post his pic anyway, We All Love Chick pics!!
    Thank you KentuckySilkies will keep you all posted on the rest...By the way, since you have silkies, maybe you can answer a question for me. Are they soft or loud crowers?

[​IMG]

Because of Pouf I found out my Partridge silkie is a girl(He tries to mount her). He likes the fluffy ones too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by