Anyone in Michigan or NE Indiana have SS Hamburg or Mille Fleur OEGB?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by henjoy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. henjoy

henjoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    I'm looking for a trio of either. I live in mid-Michigan and my in-laws live in Ft. Wayne area so I get there fairly often. Thanks!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    SSH bantams or LF?

3. henjoy

Aug 13, 2007
    I'd like LF if I can get them, EweSheep. Great name! Do you have sheep?

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sorry cant help you there because I only got bantams....

As for the EweSheep, it was my hubby's nick name when he calls me teasingly...HEY YOU SHEEP! I figured to twitch the words around EweSheep would be the one to use....and no I do not raise sheep or had any in my lifetime. Would not mind getting a Scottish Blackface sheep whether or doe for pet when we do live out in the country but they are so rare here in US.

5. bjcoop

bjcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Western New York
    Sorry but what is LF? I have 4 ss hamburg hens that I would like to give away. To be fair, they are all treeroosting hens. lol They cause all sorts of mischief in the coop--when they want to eat they jump onto the back of a larger bird (until they are let in to eat), and they find ways to escape the coop--they are definitely organized.
    --bj [​IMG]
    ps: also have 2 golden wyandottes & 2 sg dorkings. Need to thin my flock before winter....

6. henjoy

Aug 13, 2007
    LF are full size birds. It sounds like your SS Hamburgs keep things lively at your place, BJ. Maybe they missed their true calling-- as entertainers and escape artists. Perhaps you could hire them out. lol I wish we were closer to you, I'd take them off your hands if they are LF. We have a covered run so there would be no tree roosting here though. I hope that you can find them a good home somewhere close to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by