Anyone in Michigan raise Cameos?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by scootj79, Feb 24, 2017.

1. scootj79

scootj79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2014
    Roscommon, MI
    Trying to find out if anyone here in Michigan raises Cameos as I am seeking out a male cameo if possible. I do know of Alex Ancona raising Cameo pied white eyes as he got birds from mutual friend but trying to find a regular cameo or black shoulder cameo. Thanks for any help.

2. birdmanmax

birdmanmax Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2016
    Central Michigan
    I have also been looking for different color mutations here in Michigan I have come across a few cameos for sale but can't remember any names. The best advice I have is go to the mbgba website and call around maybe try Author and Gloria Gunnels and see if they have any input I know they raise black shoulder, white, India blue, and bronze but last I met with them no cameo. Also try the spicer family I'm pretty sure they have raised and think they still raise cameos their number is on that site too.

3. birdmanmax

birdmanmax Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2016
    Central Michigan
    I also believe Alex Ancona in Lapeer raises them.

4. scootj79

Apr 29, 2014
    Roscommon, MI
    Thanks. Just trying to find more peafowl people in Michigan and some cameo ones for sure

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @KsKingBee has one I think, and he can ship them. [​IMG]

6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thank you Kathy! I do raise a lot of Cameos but i don't live in Michigan. I ship a lot of birds to Michigan of all colors. The only Cameo I have left from last years hatch is a Cameo Pied WE cock.

7. jennski

jennski Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2012
    I've got a few in the incubator, I ordered the cameo eggs online. I live near Lapeer.

We've gotten all of our peacocks from the Spicer's in Cedar Springs. https://www.facebook.com/SpicerOrnamentalBirdFarm/

I know they are getting ready to take the remainder of 2016 birds to a big bird auction in OH. They are one of the largest peacock breeders in midwest, they were featured on one of Dr Pol's show. Very helpful couple.

You can also check the bird shows. http://www.mbgba.com/upcoming_events

Good luck!

8. scootj79

Apr 29, 2014
    Roscommon, MI
    Thanks. Yeah I know Spicers. They dont raise Cameos. I may make a trip to Ohio. I know Hopkins down there raises some. I just need a male to go with my female cameos. I will end up putting them with one of my other males this year I guess but been wanting a male cameo for a bit now. Thanks

9. jennski

jennski Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2012
  10. Argus

Argus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    Northeast Ohio
    It's a fun time, worth going at least once. Hope you have nice weather.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by