1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Anyone in/Near RI with a place I can rent and keep chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cluckin'Along, May 20, 2010.

1. Cluckin'Along

Cluckin'Along Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Exeter, RI
    Hi Guys!
    I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking to rent a place that will let me keep chickens. I live and work in Rhode Island, but would be OK with Southern Massachusetts too. I have an indoor, non-destructive cat too. There would be 2 people, 1 cat, 6-8 chooks mostly bantam. I would bring the coop with me. I was hoping for something on a farm and would be more than willing to pitch in and help out. My BF is a house painter, and also tiles and plasters (renovation option!!). I used to be a landscaper, can still buy wholesale, and would be more than willing to improve and maintain the grounds. I currently work for a toy company...... Can anyone help? We were hoping for something in the $800 monthly range, but can be a little flexible. Thank you all for looking!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed [​IMG] , and looking everywhere!

Thank You!!

-Lindz

2. Cluckin'Along

Cluckin'Along Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Exeter, RI
    Grrr... [​IMG] Finding housing is much harder than I thought it would be, and the birds are too expensive to keep right now [​IMG] ..... Well, guess I'll post 4 POL mutts, two Mille Fluer Roo's, and a few others up in the Auction section. Bummer. [​IMG]

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Bah! yur so far away!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You knew it was a long shot. I too have to thin out my flock......

5. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Check out www.equinesite.com go to the classified section under I think it is housing. I have seen a few listed there for in RI, CT, and MA.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by