Anyone in OH want to share a Holderread order?

Krazyquilts

Songster
Aug 2, 2016
Geneva, Ohio (northeast of Cleveland)
(I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum or not allowed.)

I'm about to order a mating pair of Golden Cascades from the Holderread Farm (squee! so excited!) and shipping is rather more expensive than I initially thought - $108 plus $16 for the special shipping box. They are my birthday purchase/present so I'm still going to get my new ducks either way (hurray!), but I was wondering if perhaps there was anyone in the Ohio/PA area who might like to add 1 or 2 adult ducks onto my order because I believe that the shipping is the same for 4 ducks as it is for 2 ducks but this way we could split the shipping.

Update: I just heard back from Holderread Farms and a four-duck box would be $172 plus $28. It would still be cheaper as one combined order instead of two smaller ones, but I did want mention the updated information.

I live in Willowick, OH, which is northeast of Cleveland, and I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours to meet up with someone to bring them their ducks the day they arrive here.

And just so nobody thinks this is some kind of feather-brained scam, I'd be willing to pay for the extra ducks for the initial ordering and then be reimbursed when we meet. Just no backing out after I order! :) I won't have room to keep that many new ducks!

Again, I apologize if this is weird, inappropriate, or not allowed. I just thought this might help someone else get some Holderread ducks too. :)

Edited to correctly put in link. Edited again with updated shipping.

Last edited:
Thanks! For the past couple years, my husband and I have been choosing more expensive, but still practical gifts for special occasions. Kind of a, "this is something I really want but is rather expensive but it's my birthday" sort of thing. Last year, my husband bought himself a nice bike that he'd been wanting for ages and he now uses all the time.

I've actually been so excited about the Golden Cascades that I've been having trouble sleeping. Ducky love - I has it! :love

Back
Top Bottom