Anyone in or around Beardstown, IL????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 92caddy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I looking for info on a dairy that was located there, it is Hess Dairy. I found a milk bottle on ebay and I bought it cause of name sake, my last name is Hess, but Im not related that I know of. I would like to find info on the dairy and look into to see if we may be related and I would also like to find 1 or 2 or 3 more bottles for family members. Thanks...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    These bottles can be found at any antique malls and stores. Got plenty of those around here in Decatur.

What size and cost would you be needing? I am due to some window searching for some willow plates and I can look for the bottles you are looking for and price, condition and sizes.

Let me know what you need.

3. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    NOOOOO waaaayyyy, I already have a square qt. Im bidding on a 2nd one on ebay, I would love to find the pt and half pt that match the qts.

I would like to have

1 more qt.
    3 pints
    3 half pints.

Good shape of course. I can live with a chip on the bottle, as long as the print is nice. Im not sure about price? I got the one I have now for 7.00 and almost 8.00 shipping. Wish I knew what they were bring there price wise. I would go 10 to 12.00 each for them.

If you are sure you can find me some, I could advance you some money so you wont be spending out of your own pocket while shopping.

Dont forget shipping, I live in Portland, IN. 47371 zip area, so you will have to ship them to me. Thanks soooo much..........

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you want I can take some pics of them for you and price they have on stickers.

I, too, collect Kembrook Dairy bottles because my father, grandfather and great grandfather used to work for them. So I know you want the best you can find in the least amount of price.

I will check them out tomorrow at the Wabash Depot. Great stuff there!

5. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    That would so nice of you to do that for me. Ill be so greatful to you for doing so.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

7. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    We went there and for some reason, all milk bottles are GONE!!! I've asked the clerk who was working there about it and she said the dealers are putting them up on Ebay.......so look out for them!!!!!!!!!!!! They will put them up over the holidays so people can get them for xmas!

The prices on old milk bottles, the Prarie Farm ones, are ranging from $30 to $50 EACH. [​IMG]

9. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    [​IMG] Ok Thanks for the help and info. I just won my 2nd one today on ebay for 7.00, [​IMG] plus 7.10 for shipping..................[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by