Anyone in or near Keokuk, Ia?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by shaylee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. shaylee

shaylee In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hamilton, Il
    Always looking for new chicken friends. Also like to swap eggs, chicks, even chickens occasionally. I have a small hobby farm near Keokuk.

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    You are right on the border of Missouri and Illinios i belive ther are people close to you in missouri.

3. arlee453

arlee453 Songster

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I'm not near you, but keokuk brings back memories of a friend of mine that moved here from that little town after the big floods back in was it '93?

Anyway, she passed a few years ago WAY too young from breast cancer - she was only 35...She was a good friend.

4. shaylee

shaylee In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hamilton, Il
    Sorry for your friend. BC run in my family, but it gets us when we are older. My grandmother just has a double masectomy. Yes, the floods were in '93, though we werent here. We just relocated from Kentucky.
    Yep, I am on the Il side in Hamilton, and the Missouri and Iowa border here. I just met Ang on here, who lives down the road from me and has offered to let me watch some chicken butchering. Need to call her after I find out plans for this weekend.

5. Ang

Ang Songster

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    There are a couple of people on here from northern Hancock county. Can't remember who right off though.

6. shaylee

shaylee In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hamilton, Il
    Hi Ang. They will find me or I will find them, lol. Sending you a email later. Busy day for me too. Also catching those brahmas for you. (wont be chasing them tomorrow) *Shaylee

7. Kentucky Steve

Kentucky Steve In the Brooder

May 11, 2012
    I live in Kentucky now but I was born and raised in K-town!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: