1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone in Roma Tx willing to give me some Roos,hens, or chicks im here

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DK47, Feb 26, 2009.

1. DK47

DK47 New Egg

Feb 25, 2009
    if any one from Roma Tx, or anywhere is going to kill, eat of throw away their rooster, chickens or chicks, plz give them to me, i have a ranch, and need more roos and hens.

2. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    I would love to give you some of my hens who have a bad habit picking feathers off the others...... I have no idea where Roma, Texas is located.

3. DK47

DK47 New Egg

Feb 25, 2009
    well were are you, and would you care to pay for shiping price?

4. MissChessy

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    I don't think it would be a good idea to ship these hens. Not sure how I would be able to ship them. I'm in South, Texas about 2 hours from Houston. I just googled Roma, and boy you are near the Mexico
    border. That is a quite a way for shipping flighty birds. These hens I have are 1 year old and are laying eggs like crazy. I have Barred Hollands, Barred Rocks and Danish Brown Leghorns. The Barred Hollands and the Danish Brown Leghorns are laying the white eggs. Almost all of my Barred hens have no butt feathers as they have picked them all off. They are some wild flighty birds. Not my cup of tea.

5. DK47

DK47 New Egg

Feb 25, 2009
    Quote:Yeah, nice done. Uh well the type of chickens does not matter or their social behavior, becouse, they will have plenty of room to run around, but yeah your right it is a major distance traveling, well now, as much as i want them I just seem to loose hope. Well if you have an idea plz reply back, thankyou for your thoughtfulness.

6. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Where near Houston are you, Cheesy? I will likely be visiting a friend on the northwest side (Waller, near Hempstead) soon. I am south of San Antonio and could set up part of my barn for laying hens. How many do you have? The coop area I have set up is 6x36.

7. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  8. MissChessy

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:You are quite a distance from me. I know where Hempstead and Waller are located as we travel to College Station to visit our sons. I'm in Louise. Some folks on this site seem to think it terrible to give chickens away. I have no idea what to ask for my hens, I've seen some ads where people are selling their laying hens for $7-$10 each.

Right now, I'm just frustrated my hens have plucked feathers off and they are plain ugly. I want beautiful fully feathered fluffy butts roaming around my yard. LOL! [​IMG]

9. MissChessy

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:You might try to advertise on the Craigslist under the wanted section or barter section.

10. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Quote:You are quite a distance from me. I know where Hempstead and Waller are located as we travel to College Station to visit our sons. I'm in Louise. Some folks on this site seem to think it terrible to give chickens away. I have no idea what to ask for my hens, I've seen some ads where people are selling their laying hens for $7-$10 each.

Right now, I'm just frustrated my hens have plucked feathers off and they are plain ugly. I want beautiful fully feathered fluffy butts roaming around my yard. LOL! [​IMG]

Not to insult, but have you wormed them? Do they need vitamins or something? Is it just the flightier breeds are more apt to do this? When I got some turkeys from the guy at the feedstore, he had some sort of red paint on their butts to prevent picking (he said). Only one (of 30) was picked on and not much at all, so maybe it worked?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by