1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone in Snohomish county looking to sell some pure breed fertile eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by backyardwitches, May 25, 2014.

1. backyardwitches

backyardwitches Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2013
    I need about 6 for a broody Speckled Sussex(her eggs are tiny) I can pick them up today or tomorrow. Thanks:)

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Try posting on your local craigslist. You'd be surprised at what you can find!

Or if you are willing to risk it, have hatching eggs shipped in! Just pick your breed, and you can find just about any breed you want!

3. backyardwitches

backyardwitches Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2013
    I am a little confused, the hen just lay another egg today, she wasn't too happy to give it up and will sit on any egg or no egg at all but she is still laying.. should I wait to get her fertile eggs or will she just stop laying when she has her nest full? This is our first broody hen, the kids are super exited to have chicks, I just feel bad for the little lady.. she looks very anxious and jumpy

4. mandzz

mandzz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2015
    Everett, WA
    Hi! I'm in Snohomish county too! We have a lovely flock of 4, which includes a very broody brahma. Anyone find fertile eggs locally? I checked craigslist and no luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by