1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone in So Calif that could Rent me their Incubator?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkiepjsg, Apr 18, 2007.

1. silkiepjsg

silkiepjsg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    I waited and started some eggs that were shipped to me (and arrived on Saturday) on Tues. morning. Two other shipments of eggs were due to arrive Tues afternoon, and I was going to put them in the same day. They are not here yet, and won't be as it is late in the day. I think it is too far apart to put them tomorrow, or Friday, or whenever they get here. I think I need another incubator! I priced a new one and it is $80.00! Is there anyone that is willing to loan me theirs for 3 - 4 weeks?

2. The Harvest Moon Chicken

The Harvest Moon Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    Southern California
    Im sorry i dont have one.

A suggestion though, my semi-local feed store allows you to rent incubators. Maybe you could look into that if you cant find someone to borrow one off of.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you live anywhere near Orange then you could contact the feed store that i use. it is called Wagon Train Feed and Tack, just in case you do live somewhere around here.

3. ChloesChicky

ChloesChicky Out Of The Brooder

Where are you? You can use mine!

4. silkiepjsg

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    Hey! I thought that I was signed up to get e-mail on this if someone replied. I got 2 replies, and I didn't know!! [​IMG]

I'm near Pasadena.

Chloeschicky, my sis lives in Templeton - I'm going to visit on the 5th of May. My second batch of eggs were due to be here by now, but they are not.... May still may be kind of late as that is 2 weeks away. What a sweetie you are to offer! [​IMG]

The Harvest Moon Chicken; Last week I was out past disneyland to the santa ana museum with the square off of the freeway - is that anywhere near orange? Do you know how much they rent for?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  5. The Harvest Moon Chicken

The Harvest Moon Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    Southern California
    map quest says that from disney land Wagon Train Feed and Tack is about 15 minuets away. The address is:

7618 E Chapman Ave
    Orange, CA 92869

although i am not sure what price you can rent them for, the site seems to be down, although i do have their phone number:

(714) 639-7931

Hope this helps. Good luck getting an incubator! [​IMG]

6. ChloesChicky

ChloesChicky Out Of The Brooder

Sounds good!

7. silkiepjsg

Mar 19, 2007
    Altadena, Calif
    Harvest Moon, I called and it's $23 a month/incubator, and $23 for the turner. Which is nice to know that you could rent a turner...

ChloesChicky, I think that we can actually work something out! I will pm you again. [​IMG]

Thanks to both of you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by