anyone in the chattanogga tn. or northwest ga. area

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pastormike, Nov 29, 2012.

1. pastormike

pastormike New Egg

Sep 23, 2012
    I am in need of some DENAGARD just got some new F B C MARANS and one has runny nose I need to treat a.s.a.p. 3 to 4 days shipping from the nearest supplier.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Denagard only treats mycoplasma diseases. Do you know for sure you're dealing with MG or MS? Denagard can be purchased online from QC Supply or call them.

3. pastormike

pastormike New Egg

Sep 23, 2012
    Could possibly be a cold, just got the birds 3 pullets and a roo about 3 months old from someone at church who got them from a friend. The roo was the only one sick until yesterday but now there is a pullet with a runny nose also.

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Chickens dont get colds, they get a specific disease. It sounds like some type of respiratory disease because it spread from one bird to another. There arnt any cures for respiratory diseases, only treatments. They remain carriers for the rest of their lives and it will spread to other birds in your flock. You must decide to treat or cull the sick birds. If you keep them, you must maintain a closed flock and keep them away from healthy birds. Strict biosecurity must be maintained as most respiratory diseases can be carried on clothing, shoes, hands, airborne etc...
    If you decide to treat them, keep them quarantined. I recommend that you purchase tylan 50 injectable. You'll need a syringe with a needle to withdraw the liquid from the bottle. You can give it orally, 1/2cc once a day for 5 days. If you decide to inject it, dosage is 1/2cc injected into the breast muscle just under the skin once a day for 3 days, alternate breasts and dont inject into same spot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by