Anyone in the Denver area with Turkens, La Fleche, or white Silkies?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by luvmychicknkids, Nov 28, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, here is what I want to TRY. [​IMG] My husband will be coming home the first of January. He is in Aurora Colorado. If I can talk him into it, I think this might be a good way to get what I am wanting. [​IMG] I NEED La Fleche (black standard), Turkens (any color), and white Silkies (but would consider otehr colors). I would take adults, young, baby chicks, any age really as long as they aren't too old to lay eggs, as I would like to make sure I can breed them to have a few more. I would like no more than one roo and a few hens of each type though I understand with chicks that isn't an easy task. [​IMG] Any reasonable price would be fine. If anyone thinks they might have some of the breeds I am looking for available for sale in January, please let me know. Oh, and I can't guarantee he will agree to travel with chickens but, especially if there are La Fleche involved, I think he will. [​IMG]

TIA
    Christy

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hi Christy,
    A good thing to do might be to post on Denver's CList and explain your situation. There are people that post almost daily with different breeds. Good luck!

Cara

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Excellent. I didn't even think of that. [​IMG] Thanks a bunch!!!

4. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, A Thanksgiving hatch has given 6 dark blue silkie chicks. I would ask $4 each, they are doing well on food & water. Looking very spunky..
    We are located between Golden & Boulder.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
  5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Do you have any pics? Just really wondering how dark? While my son really wanted white Silkies, I think he would be so happy with ANY Silkie he wouldn't even notice the color!!! LOL

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I should have La Fleche hatching eggs this summer! Thanks!

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Are the La Fleche good layers?

8. Rare Feathers Farm

So far, mine are too young to lay...but they are suppose to be. [​IMG]

9. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I have black standard LaFleche and turkens in bantam and standard. The LaFleche are not good layers, they havent laid but a hand full eggs so far this winter, but they did lay pretty good during the summer. My turkens are good layers of tan eggs and they are laying pretty good right now. Im in Portland, IN.......

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Hey Ed--let me know if you have any eggs for sale this spring/summer. I'm looking to build up my flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by