Anyone in upstate NY selling milking breed kids this spring?

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
Iam up near Saratoga/Albany.

Iam hoping for something smaller, pref. nubian, or dwarf Nubian.

A milking doe would be awesome too...

Everyone around here is selling kids for 150+ that was the cheapest, most were 250-350, what the heck! No where else in the country is selling unregistered kids at that price! Stupid northeast.

Theyre like 50 bucks in ohio, even less than that in MO. I could get a pair of registered kids for 150 out in the midwest, from tested herds too!

JEEZ!

Anyway, anyone got anything?

I was just looking in one of my students' Want Ad Digest. There was an ad for free baby goats. This is from a cheese making farm so they are milking goats. I think it was Nettle Meadow Farm, they have a web page.

Last edited:
yeah I called and asked about them, they have CAE and other diseases. Not a big deal- but it makes it harder to sell the kids later.

There are nubians on Albany Craigslist for $65 each.
frow.gif

yeah i crawl craigslist all the time. I think those were two does, and two buckling,s but they had to either go together, or do that weekend and it was like three weeks ago.

I literally look every day on craigslist.. HA! hopeless addict that I am.

Quote:
ooookay- how did you beat me to that... lol!

I had JUST read through ALL the farm and garden stuff like two hours ago!

Thanks for finding that
smile.png

Hi,

I was at the Saratoga County Fair this summer, talked to a woman with goats from Storm Haven Farm - it's an 885 number, so must be Ballston Spa...I can't remember what breed she had at the fair, but she was milking a doe while we chatted!

Anyway, the number is 885 3933, email is [email protected]. I looked for a webpage, couldn't find one. They also have a poster up at our local Agway, so I could check there and get back to you if you need me to.

Even if she doesn't have what you want, she ought to know where you can find it. Also, you could try calling the local Cooperative Extension and asking them. They should have contact info for the local 4H clubs, which might be a good source.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom