Anyone in VA selling chicks close to Christmas?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by TheFarmMama, Nov 4, 2009.

1. TheFarmMama

TheFarmMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    Hey yall! Thanks for looking. I have a few chickens already here at home but had a few sick ones that we only had about 2 months and sadly lost them so I am looking to find a few replacements. I can bear any more loses so I really want good hardy chicks. Preferably 1-3 days old. I sure love hand raising my babies! My little sisters and family are coming down for Christmas this year and I would absolutely love to have a few new babies here for them to see and cuddle. If anyone will be selling chicks in the Stafford, VA area (Fredericksburg-DC) please let me know. I am only looking for about 2-3 pullets for the time being until Spring. Below are the breeds I am interested in. The double starred ones are my main interests. Any info would be greatly appreciated-thank yall in advance! [​IMG]
    *Ameraucanas
    **Polish
    **EE
    **Silkies
    **Frizzles
    **Naked Neck/Turkin
    *Buff Orps
    *Golden Buffs
    *Black Star
    *Speckled Sussex
    *Blue Andalusian
    *Silver Spangled Hamburg
    *Silver or Gold Sebrite

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    I really wouldnt do shipping during the winter with just that many.. they wouldnt stay warm during shipment

3. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    I figured as much...more or less hoping to find someone hatching close to home but thanks for the tip!

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I might be able to do a custom hatch of Black Ameraucana and Ameraucana Marans it all depends on how the girlsl are laying. I am near Baltimore Maryland.

Henry

5. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    As long as my husband won't kill me over the distance I think I might be interested if it all works out. [​IMG] Any idea of a time frame? My sisters live out in MN so they've always been too far away to enjoy the baby animals and I know they will just flip if I can work it out for when they're here. Thanks for the response!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I live in Maryland not MN unless that is a part of Maryland [​IMG] I am really not sure of time frame yet its all about when the girls will be laying. I will probably have pure black and possibly a few blue Ameraucana and some olive egg layers from Ameraucana Marans and Wellsummer crosses. It really just depends on the birds cooperation. It might have to be before or after Christmas as I will be in Colorado for a few days. I live closer then you might think because I live in Baltimore not N. or W. Maryland. Maybe we could meet somewhere to depending on schedualing and the amount of chicks you want. Here are the picture of the parent birds. I also have added two Blue Copper Marans pullets but they may not be laying by Christmas. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=260245

Thanks
    Henry

7. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    Well as pretty as they are these girls aren't quite what I was going for although I may settle and ask for 2 just for my sisters because I know how much it will mean to them getting to be a part of it. I was really kind of hoping for EE, polish and silkies more than anything. Can we keep in touch over the next few weeks and see how things are going then go from there? I hate to be a pain-I'm just not equipped to take on much more than 2-3 right now until we get the new pen built especially with winter coming. I want them all to be comfortable and happy [​IMG]

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Oh sorry I mis understood. I cannot sex chicks I was thinking about selling Day olds. Ameraucana lay blue eggs and the AmeraucanaX Marans and AmeraucanaX Wellsummers should lay olive green eggs like an EE. Hope you find what your looking for.

Thanks,
    Henry

9. _sonshine_

_sonshine_ Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
  10. TheFarmMama

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    Cool-thanks I appreciate it! Didn't even know that site existed lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by