1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone in VIRGINIA have any hens or chicks they want to sell?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by soimcrazy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. soimcrazy

soimcrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2007
    Dinwiddie Virginia
    I'm located about 25 miles south of Richmond near Petersburg. I want to pick up a few young hens (not chicks). Then again I'll probably be interested in some hen chicks too. If you want to sell some hens/chicks and your close to me let me know !!

Thanks Brian

2. Keshiaandadam

Keshiaandadam Cooped Up

Jun 2, 2007
    Hey if you dont get anyone close to you i can ship some to you at a very low cost and they will be safe if your interested call me My name is Andrew At valley poultry in vermont 1-802-447-3012 i will be up very late so feel free to call now or whenever you would like.

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Have you ever heard of the Virginia Poultry Breeders Association? The person that holds their swaps lives in Glen Allen which I believe is pretty close to you. I don't have his number but I got the secretary's name and number off their website. If you call her, I'm sure she can point you in the right direction. Her name is Sandy Stanley and her number is 804-798-8111. Good luck finding some girls!

Ellen

4. AussieShazz

AussieShazz New Egg

Jun 1, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    There was a lady in Richmond who posted on Craigslist about 3 days ago having to find homes for her young hens. I believe she said they had just started laying. She got them and then found out her neighborhood doesn't allow chickens

5. soimcrazy

soimcrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2007
    Dinwiddie Virginia
    Quote:I'm not familiar with Craiglist but I just went there and tried to locate that ad. If you see it again send me the link.....thanks !!

6. AussieShazz

AussieShazz New Egg

Jun 1, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2007-06-06, 5:32PM EDT

I have 4 wonderful hens that lay me eggs everyday. Unfortunatly, we don't live in an area that allows farm animals. Their really friendly chickens and will follow you around and let you pick them up. I DON'T WANT THEM TO BE DINNER. Therefore I must put a $6.00 adoption fee on each of them. We really love them a lot, so if you have a farm or area that allows them. PLEASE contact me ASAP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by