Anyone is panhandle of Florida?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Maryallison77, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Maryallison77

Maryallison77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    [​IMG] Just wondering if anyone is in my local area??? I am in Fountain, Florida. I am inbetween Panama City, Florida & Dothan, AL.

We have about 15 hens and I am thinking 3 roos now. We love our chickens & would love to meet other chicks in the area--haha! [​IMG]

2. ChristmasKathy

ChristmasKathy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2008
    We live about 70 min north from PC.[​IMG]

3. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hello! Nice to see someone else in my area! I am in Bayou George! WELCOME!

4. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Are you the Rabbitry I have heard about in Fountain?

5. Maryallison77

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Hi there you guys! SO neat to know people in our area are on here too! Yes we are the rabbity here in Fountain! [​IMG]

6. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Milton florida here (Pensacola) Has anyone been to the auction up in paxton? I would like to know when and what time the auctions are.

7. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    There is a great auction in Graceville FL that I have been going to. I got my latest goat there. They have it every thursday night. They have a MISC auction starting from 5pm on one side that runs the whole night and at 7pm they start auctioning Pigs, cages, then Goats and sheep, and then on to poultry for the rest of the night. I have been there 2 times and each time there has been a totally different selection there. One night they had a ton of chickens and the next time they had a bunch of ducks and Quail and such. Its really fun to go there.

8. Maryallison77

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Thanks for letting us know about Graceville. That is pretty close! Can you just bring the whole family to a auction? I have never been to one. I have 2 kids, 6 years old and 19 months old. Oh I would LOVE to go!!!!!

9. Maryallison77

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    The auction in Graceville was wonderful!!!!! Thank you so much for telling me about it Jen. We went last night and bought day old chicks!!!! They are so cute!!!! [​IMG]

10. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Glade you had fun, wish I could go, but am 2 hrs away. The paxton auction is an hr away, but I can't find any info on it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by