anyone keeps fayoumis confined?

chickengr

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
hi,
I have a pair of fayoumis. they keep escaping to the neighboring plot and I have to stop them. how much room would I need for a small run for 2 of them? I don't know if pullet started to lay as she spends almost all day over there.

what is attracting them to the neighbouring plot? can you grow it/make it so that they stay with you voluntarily?

I think they are just wanderers by nature. they never go to the other 3 sides that they can forage as well.

I'm sure you're right. So my guess would be that there's something on that one plot that's attracting them then. Can you see them when they go over? Do they go to the same bit of the plot or wander all over it?

I'm sure you're right. So my guess would be that there's something on that one plot that's attracting them then. Can you see them when they go over? Do they go to the same bit of the plot or wander all over it?

they wander all over it as well as they like to stay on the roof of their coop.

Fayoumis are not suitable for confinement.
I cringe every tiime I read post here about backyard keepers trying to keep Fayounis. They are one of the few breeds left that haven't been completely ruined by people trying to breed them.
The Fayoumi chickens I knew in Spain were all free range. A pair will easily make use of an acre of land.

Fayoumis are not suitable for confinement.
I cringe every tiime I read post here about backyard keepers trying to keep Fayounis. They are one of the few breeds left that haven't been completely ruined by people trying to breed them.
The Fayoumi chickens I knew in Spain were all free range. A pair will easily make use of an acre of land.

thank you. I am more troubled by chasing eggs and possible mating with another breed roo. I have just a pair of them and it is impossible to find another pullet/hen. guy who sold me the eggs disappeared and changed phone number and he had brought fertile eggs from egypt. nobody else have them.

Back
Top Bottom