Anyone know about marriage licenses?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countyroad1330, Jan 24, 2008.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Ok, dumb question, but I thought I'd ask. We are thinking about getting married in a different state than where we live. Do we have to apply for a marriage license in our state, or the one where the wedding will be? Any idea?

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We got married in Vegas, and we had to apply for the license there - the day before.... [​IMG]

(NO I'm not a famous celebrity!) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

The state where the ceremony will be performed

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

yep....where you get married,you get license.....where you all going?whats wrong with OK? lol

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Vegas is more fun! [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Best advice: don't get one!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

You get one in the state where you are getting married and every state has their own rules for em.

Type 'marriage license requirements+state' into any search engine and you'll get links to show you the exact requirements of that state.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey. I was married the first time by an Elvis impersonator............ it wasnt fun lol........

8. Gonzo the Great

Gonzo the Great Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    Sugar Land, TX

Hey. I was married the first time by an Elvis impersonator............ it wasnt fun lol........

The marriage or the wedding? [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California

[​IMG] You're KIDDING!!! Thats too funny!

We did a fancy wedding - at a hotel, like a package deal - it was great! and we had tons of fun in the process...... I'd go to vegas again in a heartbeat - MUCH cheaper that getting married in say - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! [​IMG]

10. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Well... My parents offered to pay for us to have our wedding/honeymoon in Hawaii. But he doesn't want to have to mess with the out-of-state license... Its Hawaii!!?!?! Maybe I can talk him into it.

His family is afraid we will run away and not tell them we're getting married. My uncle is a preacher, I said we should have him dress like Elvis and send postcards to the family. *haha*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by