Anyone know any cheap beach vacation spots/hotels

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tonini3059, Sep 13, 2010.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    So due to some family issues my husband and I won't be going on vacation with my family this year. We would still like to go to the beach around the end of august 2011, but do not want to pay an arm and a leg. I was looking at OC Md, possibly deleware, or OBX area.
    Thanks
    Brandy

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Do a computer search and check out Chincoteague, Va. It's more laid back and less commercialized than O. C., Md. It's also somewhat less pricey. There are a variety of motels ranging from the larger "chain" types to some "mom & pop" types. We're heading toward the off season so prices should be going down. Beach is beautiful, Try Etta's restaurant for great seafood. (The Village restaurant is also great.) There's a barrier island with feral ponies and an abundance of wildlife contained in a national park. Can you tell that it's one of my favorite places?

3. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    dump a truckload of sand into your living room & sunbathe thru the window.

....................wait a minute.......................or not:D

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Try Michigan.

PLEASE!!! Out state REALLY needs a boost to the economy.

Seriously, we have the best coastlines in the US. Flat sandy beaches on Lake Huron, bluffs on Lake Michigan. Things range from expensive Mackinac Island and vineyards to $30/night motels or cabins. We have forests for hiking, inland lakes, rivers for canoeing, golf courses, lots of wildlife. The Lake Huron shoreline is less crowded than the Lake Michigan shorelines. Lake Superior is even less but COLD!! Our water is fresh too. Don't have to worry about the salty, itchy feeling. [​IMG]

Lake Michigan from the Upper Peninsula

[​IMG]

5. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Thanks sourland... I guess I could get one of those turtle sand boxes and set up an umbrella and chair and make my hubby make me some fruity beverages!!

6. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I do like Michigan I have family out there that we visited. Absolutely gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by