Anyone know anything about buttercups?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by stephanie1992, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Any one know what show quality buttercups look like? and are they an agressive breed? And any fo about other info would be nice. Got a female given to me as a chick, shes 3 months old

2. greenacresinNE

greenacresinNE Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    I have 2 hens...they are my most independent chickens. One lives in the barn because she refuses to roost in the coop at night. They can FLY better than any of my other breeds too. Definitely have personalities. I will never NOT have a Buttercup. Vito, my barn chicken, is hilarious, but she goes broody a lot (usually in the pony's hay rack [​IMG]). She loves to hitch rides on the back of the ram. They lay smallish white eggs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. stephanie1992

Quote:those are very pretty buttercups, i have a female, still young. hopping to show her if shes good quality. ill take pics and post them

4. greenacresinNE

May 10, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    Thank you [​IMG], I would love to see pictures of yours. I would handle her as much as possible now, they are not aggressive, but are a little more "wild" than my other chickens. It'll make it easier to catch her later if necessary.

5. stephanie1992

Quote:Heres mine, shes about 4 months old, pretty wild, dnt like to be handled, clearest pics i could get

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. greenacresinNE

May 10, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    She'll calm down a little when she starts laying. She looks a lot like mine when they were pullets. I think for showing purposes, how her comb grows in is important. I don't show chickens, so I don't know a lot of details. Maybe one of the other people on this site that shows chickens will have more insight. I think the double comb is supposed to make a ring like a crown ideally.

7. stephanie1992

thank u, hoping she grows to look like urs, love ur birds, very pretty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by