Anyone know how to get a chicken swap going at tsc?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Soggy Bottom Farm, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Soggy Bottom Farm

Soggy Bottom Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Southwest Central Pa
    I would like to try and get a swap going here in south central pa for all of those who are not npip and cant cross the border [​IMG]
    The only ones I see are a couple hours any directions.. Any info would help..

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:do you have a local tractor supply co?
    contact them and see if they would be interested in hosting one? most are very happy to as it brings in additional business for them. they just have to have event insurance which most of them already do.
    then you put the word out.

3. Soggy Bottom Farm

Soggy Bottom Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Southwest Central Pa
    Yes we have a few of them all within about a 40 mile area of my location. Does it cost anything to do? Also is it hard to get people to come?
    I know in these area people are kind of backyard and dont think chickens are worth much.. but as any chicken grower knows you have alot
    of money and time put into raising your birds. I would hate to try to put one of these together and no one really come.. They say the one
    in uniontown brings hundreds of people and they do well so just thinking if we could get one put together that is closer to this area it might
    draw folks that dont want to do that long drive. like me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by