Anyone know if mypetchicken ever sends packing peanuts???

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by americana-chick, Dec 24, 2008.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    i think i am going to order a few birds from them so i wondered if anyone has ever gotten lucky, packing peanuts?! and any other additional info on mypetchicken wold be awsome! thanks!
    ~Bri

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    We got a packing peanut, but it was an extra silkie which were ordered as straight run. Don't know if they add pp's if you order pullets only.

3. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    i bought 4 pullets from them this past summer......no PP's [​IMG]. when u order less than 5 (I think) they charge an extra fee and stick a heating pad in there with them. But they all did made it here happy and well! They should be laying any day now! [​IMG] here's their baby pics and them now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    What they CLAIM is that they do occasionally add an extra chick or two just in case but that they ONLY add breeds and genders you ordered? I never got any extra and my sexed pullets were a 50/50 mix of male and female. [​IMG] That's alright though.....it worked out alright in the end. And they did refund a little of my money and added two tubes of chicken poop lip balm for all the oopsy roos.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:I just have to ask. Did you ORDER Barred Rocks or did you order Dominiques? The one Dominique I ordered from them was a Barred Rock. She turned out to be the best chicken EVER though....and was then taken by a fox. [​IMG]

ETA....they are beautiful girls!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  6. kdcrws

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:I just have to ask. Did you ORDER Barred Rocks or did you order Dominiques? The one Dominique I ordered from them was a Barred Rock. She turned out to be the best chicken EVER though....and was then taken by a fox. [​IMG]

ETA....they are beautiful girls!!!! [​IMG]

I ordered BR's they are my friendliest chickens! Sorry about ur girl [​IMG]. The only prob I had w/them was they never notified me when my chicks would ship... and one day a dude showed up from the PO w/ a box of chicks [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  7. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    thanks for all your replys! i am getting:
    (all pullets)
    2 SLW
    2 marans
    and
    2 salmon faverolles

i hope they send me a silkie or 2 if i get any roos i will complain and try and get them to send me pullets because i already have to any roos!!!! [​IMG]

8. kdcrws

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:think about ordering salmon faverolles from them too. Let us know how they do. They look like really neat birds. Did u ever find out what color eggs they lay? I think the other one I'm gonna add is the welsummer and maybe a polish? We have a lot of coop and run expansion to do though!!! [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't know about their SLW, but the GLW I got turn out to be a VERY pretty bird with gorgeous lacing. I assume the silver will be, too. [​IMG] Good luck with your babies!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by