Anyone Know If These Are Ameraucana

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NHchickenflock, Aug 15, 2014.

1. NHchickenflock

NHchickenflock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2014
    Gilmanton NH
    We are going to be picking these two girls up this weekend and want to be sure they are Ameraucanas. We bought a few last week from a different breeder that ended up being Easter Eggers[​IMG]

2. NHchickenflock

Aug 6, 2014
    Gilmanton NH
    [​IMG]

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

More EE

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    yep. Not a thing wrong with them, if you're not looking to show or paying $$ for purebred birds. As backyard layers of cool colored eggs, they're perfect!

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    ITA! Since what I am looking for is "pretty eggs" I am all about paying for EEs vs quality Ameraucanas/Araucanas -- besides, EEs come in such a variety of colors!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I love EE. They all look different making a very non-boring beautiful flock. Lots of eggs too.

7. NHchickenflock

Aug 6, 2014
    Gilmanton NH
    We are not overly concerned that they are not purebred, we just want our girls to see the blue eggs

8. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    There's no guarantee that EE's will lay blue eggs. Because they're just a mixed breed, they usually do lay a shade of green, but they could also lay brown or pink tinted.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X5 on Easter Eggers and goldfinches is right about the egg color. The odds are that their eggs will be some shade of green, but they could be beige, or even pale pink or gold. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorite hens. She loves the colored eggs; especially the pale pink ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by