Anyone know of a place to sell chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by brandibaby23, Oct 13, 2009.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    I am curious as if there is a place to find homes for my chickens. When I start to get too many. All my chickens are pets so I would hate to just give them to a farmer who will eat them because they are pretty tame, and I just can't think of it!!! I have a new batch of babies and I am sure by next spring I will be over run. I like raising them but I can only keep so many at a time. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I am just too attached to have them eaten. I know I prob sound like a dumb dumb, but I like my little friends.[​IMG]

2. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I have had luck with Craigslist.

3. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    I agree with Justme Craigslist is a great place to list them

4. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Thank you guys, I been on there, I just hope to find people who want them for pets and not meat!![​IMG]

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Try posting in your local feed and seeds and always interview those who take the birds!!!!!

Honestly, I do. See that they know how to take care of them to and if they don't seem interested in knowing what you're feeding them, etc.....just say to them,,,,you know I better check with Hubby or Sister to see if she's already sold these birds.

I will prescreen over the phone....Just to be sure of the purpose of the birds we sell.....Call me a little silly, but I love our birds. We've put a lot of loving care and feed into them and I care how they will be treated.

If people want to buy and try birds as they tell me and they come to buy and plan to keep them in a box while they build a coop, no way would I sell to them. Since we are a full time farm, I will tell them to check back with me when the coop is done....

I also refer them to our new book and am thinking of doing a local training on "so you want some chickens".

Hope this helps and have a blessed day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by