1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone know of any hatcheries that sell peafowl eggs or chicks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bamapoultry, May 15, 2016.

1. bamapoultry

bamapoultry New Egg

May 15, 2016
    I'm searching for peafowl eggs or peachicks. If anyone know any hatcheries that would be great.

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
  3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I believe Meyer hatchery sells pea foul. I'm not sure what time of year is best to order them but check. Meyer has been absolutely wonderful. They are located in Ohio and I'm in California. My chick's hatched last month on the 11th, I recieved them on the 12th. All ten alive and healthy. They shipped with a heat pack and my birds were packed so nicely. The pack was still warm when I got them the next day all the way from Ohio to California. Almost 6 weeks later all ten are growing great and no losses thank God. Meyer has wonderful stock! No deformity, no leg issues just beautiful healthy birds. Hope this helps. Check out their website and availability. :)

4. bamapoultry

bamapoultry New Egg

May 15, 2016
    I tried Legg's Peafowl, but they were out of my price range.

5. bamapoultry

bamapoultry New Egg

May 15, 2016
    I just went to Meyer Hatchery and they do peafowl. The problem with that is they only sell their peafowl as an assortment only.

6. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop

Most places do this, I don't think you'll find a hatchery that will let you mix and match as you please. Strombergs sells them too and I think has a better selection of assortments to choose from, but they are still assortments.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by