anyone know of legit work at home sites

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Queen Scoot, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    that pay you instead of you paying them??? i have heard of people working for decent places and getting paid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2008
  2. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    On the side to my full time job I have done medical transcribing for our local hospitals and doctor's offices. Check around your community. [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Yes, someone I know does the medical transcribing and gets paid well. All she did was go to the hospital near her and ask. They told her to fill out an ap and she was hired. Do you know how to type fast? They like hiring people that can type fast.

4. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Don't get sucked into the "Shadow Shoppers" scheme! That will end up costing you lots of money! [​IMG]

5. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
  6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    that article has lots of really good oportunities

7. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:thanks!

8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Yes, for transcribing I got paid per page. I am a very skilled typer and type around 80 wpm. They have some great free typing tests online that you can practice with. I did this before I went back to college and was able to test out of both my typing classes!

Good luck!

9. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    There are alot of small community colleges that offer Medical Transcription classes online. I did it my self for a while! Then I decided to go back to college full time at age 35!!!
    Maybe taking a few classes (And if you're broke like me, apply for Pell Grants.....free school!!!!) would help you get your foot in the door with a few doctors offices. I loved typing!!! I could do it when the kids were in school, and it didn't feel like a JOB!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by