anyone know off hand what the/pics added!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck walk, Aug 12, 2010.

1. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    color of eggs are from the Black Bellied Tree Ducks? I have some visiting and spending significant time in the duck yare late evening/early early mornings and I have been finding some very small eggs in the yard...nothing like Rouen/Pekin/Swedish eggs...they are sort of chalky white...it could be some first eggs from my younger group but I was just wondering if those wild youngsters could be dropping an egg or two on one of their food raids...

edited to add: found out the eggs are white...I wonder if...and I had just locked away the incubator...darn it! I think I have five or six of them...I will set them...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. duck walk

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    well...I put those odd eggs in the 'bator along with a few of my Pekin eggs...they are staging a jail break as we speak...I don't know what is in those little eggs...can't tell yet...but I am glued to the incubator almost nearly...they could be runner eggs but they are so small and they were all layed out in the middle of the duck yard where the wild ones come to pick up a free meal...

[​IMG]

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Runner duck eggs are light green or white. The are not chalky; to me they look oily/shiney.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I hope those eggs turn out to be what you think they are- But it would be so funny if they turned out to be some other strange bird as well- too small by the sounds to be wild goose - or swan///or even some kind of crane....but I can imagine how excited you will be to find out what your surprise eggs will be...

5. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Yikes, are you sure they're even birds eggs? Could they be some kind of reptile egg -- snake, turtle, iguana?

6. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    How Eggsiting! [​IMG]

7. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

pictures please

8. duck walk

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I would totally freak if I opened the /bator in the a.m. and found a bunch of darn snakes...they are pipping but no one has made themselves known yet...they are taking their sweet time...the tension is mounting...

[​IMG] please be pretty little duckies and nothing creepy...

9. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    please be pretty little duckies and nothing creepy...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by