1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone know the age you can color sex saxony and w. harlequin?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CrittersNPets, May 14, 2011.

1. CrittersNPets

CrittersNPets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    W. of Salem, Oregon
    I have been unable to find an answer to this or find the right site. I have 6 week old harlequins and saxony and all 3 of my saxony have white lines on face but one is a bit darker and can't yet see any difference in the harlequins. Ideas anyone?

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    If you can't see any differences in your Welshies then they are all one gender. Mine are almost 4 weeks old and the difference is obvious. What colors are you seeing in their feathers?

3. CrittersNPets

CrittersNPets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    W. of Salem, Oregon
    They are both flecked with brown and one of them has slightly darker brown flecking and a slightly darker bill. I may just have to be patient, ugh.

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    You can sex Welsh Harlequins by bill color. Girls have light pink bills. There may be black markings on it, but the bills are mostly pink. Boys have a dull, slate gray bill. This difference starts to fade a couple of days after hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by