Anyone know the breed of these bantams?

nuttinfancy

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
Ambrose, GA
I am used to getting the call from my dad that someone threw out a stray dog or cat at his house but was rather shocked when he called and said that he was left 3 chickens! He tried to keep them for a few days but he isn't a chicken person so I adopted them and told him he has unlimited visitation.
smile.png

I am hoping someone knows the breed or can tell if they are mixed. The roo is crowing (although not a beautiful crow yet) and the little pullets are laying already. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance

X 2, what an odd set of birds for somebody to just abandon, makes you wonder what people are thinking. Lucky for them you and your dad decided to save them.

I know- I just don't understand some people and their way of thinking. My dad lives beside a busy highway and it was scary to think they were just left there for him to find when he got home. I'm not sure of their age nor the lifespan of these beauties but they will be loved here. They have a 10x10 with 4x6 coop and 15 acres to play on. I named them Jack, Jill and Judy. Judy already gave me an egg this morning so they got a treat- boiled eggs with shells! They loved it, even Jack!

Thank you. I hope to get a few dark Cornish hens and a WLR Cornish roo so that I can try to raise a few of these. Does anyone know if they are easy to hatch and raise? It wouldn't be a good idea to hatch the eggs with the dark breeding the WLR, would it?

Back
Top Bottom