Anyone Know The Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ashleylancaster, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    THESE ARE MY NEW BABY CHICKS. WE HAVE HAD THEM FOR ONLY 5 DAYS. WE ADOPTED THEM FROM MY MOM WHEN THEIR MOM WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME THEIR BREED THAT WOULD BE GREAT ( IF THEIR OLD ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO TELL). THANKS!
    HERES THEIR PICTURE: [​IMG]

2. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    they look like OEGB to me

3. SueBaby

SueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    They look a lot like my Ameraucana Mix/EEs. But I'm pretty new at this.

4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Legs are Super yellow, so that automatically rules out OEGB or Sussex. I'm going to guess either Welsummers, Dutch (If their bantams), or a mix of some sort

5. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    Quote:OEGB have white legs? new to this so trying to learn as much as possible

6. ashleylancaster

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    THANKS EVERYONE. RIGHT NOW I AM THINKING THAT THEY ARE EEs/ MIXED. THEY LOOKED SO MUCH LIKE THE OEGBs BUT THEN YOU BROUGHT UP THE COLOR OF THE LEGS AND THEY DID SEEM TO BRIGHT TO BE THAT. ALSO LOKKED UP WELSUMMERS PIC AND THEY DIDNT REALLY SEEM RIGHT EITHER. THEN I SEEN SOME PICS OF SOME EEs ON A FORUM AND THEY LOOKED JUST LIKE THEM. SO THANKS AGIAN. (EE DOES MEAN MIXED? RIGHT!)

7. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    Brown Leghorns... EE's would have green legs.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  8. ashleylancaster

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    Just Looked Up Dutch And Their Legs Werent The Same Color Either. Thanks Agian

9. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:In general terms, an EE is a "type" of mixed breed that's been developed to lay green eggs and have a beard and muff, or possibly ear tufts. I believe they're a cross with a green/blue egg laying breed like the Auracana or Ameraucana and are often sold by hatcheries under these names. While many do lay green or bluish eggs, some also lay eggs in varied shades of brown, which a pure-breed Auracana or Ameraucana would not. Some hatcheries say they can also lay pink eggs, but as far as I can tell, "pink" is actually just a light shade of brown. The black EE I have lays kind of a mint green egg. IMO, the best thing about EEs is that they come in so many different color combinations.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. ashleylancaster

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    Thanks Blue That Really Helps Alot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by