Anyone know the treatment for poopy butt?

Feb 25, 2021
California
My hen seems to have a poopy butt. Her droppings were a bit watery in the morning but other than that, she acts just fine, What should I do for her? She has had this for a few months now, but now her feathers are covered in poo! Her bottom feathers didn't look like this yesterday, they were much fluffier. Should I give her a bath? I have also heard that ACV helps. Should I give her some of that too?

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 24
My hen seems to have a poopy butt. Her droppings were a bit watery in the morning but other than that, she acts just fine, What should I do for her? She has had this for a few months now, but now her feathers are covered in poo! Her bottom feathers didn't look like this yesterday, they were much fluffier. Should I give her a bath? I have also heard that ACV helps. Should I give her some of that too?
Is there a very foul odor? If so, it could possibly be Vent Gleet:
Here's a link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/vent-gleet-aka-nasty-chicken-butt.64647/

Did you ever figure out what this is? I think mine has this as this is exactly what she looks like but she’s walking slow.

Back
Top Bottom