Anyone know what breed of chicken this hen is?

Fancy Chiq

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014

I am hoping someone may know what she is. A friend gave her to me after the poor chick got lost after a shipment. I've looked through a ton of breeds trying to figure it out. The closest that she resembles is the red-saddled yokohama, but that breed has a walnut comb and not a single like she has. She has yellow legs, skin, and eyes. white on her earlobes and has layed 2 eggs light brown/ almost white as of today. She is a medium sized hen, smaller than the buff orpington you can see behind her. If she's a mix are there any guesses?
If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Do you know where she came from, as in what hatchery or from a breeder? She looks like a mixed breed bird, some dual purpose breeds. She's too heavy bodied for a Yokohama or anything similar, she's a farm bird.

I have no information on what breeder/ hatchery she came from. The person i got her from thought she was a quail, but she kept getting bigger.

I figured it out :) she is a swedish flower hen, not a common breed. thanks for your imputs

The breed is varied due to being a land race, no two are exactly alike. These are examples of the same color pattern of my hen. each is a different bird gathered from the web.
images
images
7073586.jpg
thumbnail.php
9291876.jpg
(same feather pattern as shown by my hen above)
243;296;4834f09b088bfa365dbfe825612be173a6dbcbcb.jpg
6500612.jpg

Here are examples of Amberlink, like you were suggesting:
amber-link.jpg
orig_Amber_Link.jpg
images

Back
Top Bottom