Anyone know what breed these are?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Abold87, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Abold87

Abold87 Chirping

Jun 25, 2018
    My husband took a trip to tractor supply to pick up some supplies for our chickens and ducks. While at the store he noticed they had brown baby ducks. He knew i wanted more khaki cambells so he decided to grab 6. On the way home he noticed 3 were sort of grey in color. So he questioned if some were ducks and some drakes or if they were two breeds. Tractor supply as normal had no idea what types they had.

Attached Files:

2. MagpieDucks

MagpieDucks Death By Cookies

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Looks like you got some Blue Runners and Khaki Campbells.

Eggscaping, happy duck, Raenh and 3 others like this.
  3. MagpieDucks

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    There's also a chance the Brown ones could be Chocolate Runners.

Eggscaping, happy duck, Raenh and 3 others like this.
  4. Abold87

Abold87 Chirping

Jun 25, 2018
    Would it be highly noticeable that they are runners? I havent noticed them standing any differently

5. MagpieDucks

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Don't know what else they would be...? Do you know where your TSC sources their birds?

6. Abold87

Abold87 Chirping

Jun 25, 2018
    No i don't know where they get them from. But im now aware they arent very knowledgeable of what they receive. They almost never know the chickens they have either

7. Abold87

Abold87 Chirping

Jun 25, 2018
    We got some magpies( some crested some not), welsh harlequin, ruen, khaki Campbell,and cayugas ( some crested some not) from them on the 3rd they had no idea what any of them were .
    My husband got excited thinking he found me my khaki cambells

Attached Files:

8. springvalley123

springvalley123 Chirping

May 22, 2015
    North of Phoenix
    they used to say they were from Privetts, at least in Arizona. That's consistent with some of the breeds of chicks I've seen. I got a splash runner duck, which privetts doesn't have (or didn't at the time). I also saw amberlink chicks at TSC, consistent with their getting from Hoovers. At least they didn't ask you where is "australorp hatchery" or what kind of chick is a privett", right?

Eggscaping, ariri30, Raenh and 2 others like this.
  9. Abold87

Abold87 Chirping

Jun 25, 2018
    When we called to ask last year what breeds they had a women told us pullets. I again said what breed. She said pullets. When i told her pullets. Wasnt a breed she was upset with me. They seem uneducated with poultry.they should at least know what's come in.

10. Cayuga momma

Cayuga momma ♡I'm not crazy, I'm just special♡

Mar 13, 2018
    Western NY
    It's crazy that they don't get some basic education, right? I mean how hard would it be to atleast make the employees a cheat sheet that has basic knowledge on it.

cymbaline, ariri30, Raenh and 3 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: