1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone know what breed this chick is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marcy0718, Apr 6, 2016.

1. marcy0718

marcy0718 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    I have 4 chicks 2 glw and this silver laced wyandotte on right but the one in the left I am not sure what breed it has grey feathers on the legs and white feathers coming in every day lol also the Slw on right has a pink comb but no wattles yet hope my she isn't a he lol I will also send a pic of my glw has a yellow pea comb my favorite and sweetest one I thought Wyandotte's had a rose comb? Help please I'm a first time chicken owner and can't have roos ;( I will b devistated[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    Sorry they are 5 weeks old and she is very small they all love each other

3. Mr BrahmaRama

Mr BrahmaRama Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2015
    Dubuque, Iowa
    My Coop
    I think the one on the left in the fist picture is a light brahma.

4. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    The one on left in the first pic and the last one is the same chick thanks for your help also do u know about gold laced Wyandotte's ? Mine both have a yellow pea comb ? Can they be roos?

5. Mr BrahmaRama

Mr BrahmaRama Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2015
    Dubuque, Iowa
    My Coop
    How did you come by these chickens? Did you purchase them, hatch them or were you given them from someone's hatch? If you purchased them as "pullets" there can still be a margin of error. Up to 10% might be roos. But from your pictures, there is no reason to be alarmed. Keep an eye on the combs, A roos' come is going to grow faster and turn red early. A pullet's comb usually wont turn bright red until they are ready to lay, (around 20 weeks give or take a few).

6. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    Bought them from feed store they get their chicks from mcmurry I think she said thanks for our help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by