Anyone know what breed this is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kemical Fenix, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Kemical Fenix

Kemical Fenix Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2016
    Las Vegas
    I got 2 of these from a local feed store and all they knew is that they were bantams(really narrows it down eh). I can take some more pics tomorrow if need be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    They look like black rose comb bantams.

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Agree with JaeG, if the earlobes are white. And definitely a cockerel.

4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Black Rosecomb cockerels, they're gonna be nice to. Beautifully shaped combs.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    beautiful boys

6. Kemical Fenix

Jun 17, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for the replies, they are a little over 2 months old and I haven't noticed white earlobes, gonna check tomorrow. Also seems like an odd name for a breed, as it's just describing their color & comb type.

7. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    I agree Rosecomb Bantams deserve a more creative name but they are one of the oldest true bantam breeds (ie not a miniaturized version of a large fowl breed) especially when it comes to showing. They come in quite a few different colours and sound like characters in their personality (like most bantams). It sounds like they are slow to mature but are real stunners when they do, so they may not have developed their white earlobes yet.

8. Kemical Fenix

Jun 17, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Yes indeed they are slow to mature, same with my bantam brahmas, especially the males. The reason I said that it seems like an odd name is because I'm sure there are other breeds that are black and have rose combs. It's like naming a breed a Black(whatever color) 2 eyed bantam. Anyway I digress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by