Anyone know what breed this is?

Kemical Fenix

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 17, 2016
Las Vegas
I got 2 of these from a local feed store and all they knew is that they were bantams(really narrows it down eh). I can take some more pics tomorrow if need be.

Thanks for the replies, they are a little over 2 months old and I haven't noticed white earlobes, gonna check tomorrow. Also seems like an odd name for a breed, as it's just describing their color & comb type.

Thanks for the replies, they are a little over 2 months old and I haven't noticed white earlobes, gonna check tomorrow. Also seems like an odd name for a breed, as it's just describing their color & comb type.
I agree Rosecomb Bantams deserve a more creative name but they are one of the oldest true bantam breeds (ie not a miniaturized version of a large fowl breed) especially when it comes to showing. They come in quite a few different colours and sound like characters in their personality (like most bantams). It sounds like they are slow to mature but are real stunners when they do, so they may not have developed their white earlobes yet.

Yes indeed they are slow to mature, same with my bantam brahmas, especially the males. The reason I said that it seems like an odd name is because I'm sure there are other breeds that are black and have rose combs. It's like naming a breed a Black(whatever color) 2 eyed bantam. Anyway I digress.

Back
Top Bottom