1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone know what breeds come in bantam assortment at tractor supply?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rooster brandon., Apr 15, 2011.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    I got 6 bantams from tractor supply 3 feathered legs and 3 clean does anyone know what breed tractors supplys bantams are?I am dieing to know!

2. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    If you look at the sign they have on the bin, they give like 5 breeds that it could be. I know people have gotten brahama and fleur de luce bantams

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    I wanted to get some as well. But after the listed breeds it said that other bantams may also be included. I wasn't sure if 'other' meant plain and ugly so I skipped them. LOL

Congrats on your new chicks. [​IMG]

4. smcjoj3

smcjoj3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    Rocky Point NC
    I had just called TSC this evening to find out the same thing, what exactly "Assorted Bantams" meant & what breeds that included.....the young girl who answered the phone had absolutely no idea what I was even asking [​IMG] [​IMG] ...

5. Bammy

Bammy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Snow Shoe, PA.
    I got 3 D'uccles that turned out to be 2 girls and a boy. Also got 2 white silkies, a boy and a girl. The sixth chick died the next day and I don't know what it was.

6. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    I got 3 out of a bin at Atwoods that said bantams and pullets - praying that the big ones I got are pullets lol

7. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    I think some of them carry a bit more variety than ours does (we live in a bit more secluded area) but they seem to generally carry a variety of Old English Game (many of them are chipmunk colored), Silver Duckwings, Phoenix, Sebrights (Golden and Silver, Cochins (feather-footed), D'Uccle (dew-clay) in Mille Fleur and Porcelin colorings (also feather-footed), and the occasional solid black or solid white (not sure what these are maybe Japanese bantams or Dutch bantams), also alot of polish chicks at ours.... I haven't seen any silkies (feather-footed with black legs/skin) at ours but I know lots of people have found them at their own local TSC, and sometimes bantam varieties of some common standards like wyandottes (I think one of mine is a bantam wyandotte)! Good luck identifying them!

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It depends on which hatchery your TSC is using. The local one here uses Privett. I hate the way they let people handle the chicks so won't buy any there-too much can go wrong with disease or internal injuries from kids dropping the poor things.

9. crossgirl

crossgirl Day Dream Believer

Mar 15, 2011
    Lakeland, FL
    My TSC doesn't list what they might be. Just "bantams". I haven't seen any feathered legged varietys at all.

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Both of the TSC in my area have put up cattle fencing and don't let customers touch them. It happened in 5 days time between when I bought first batch and second batch of chicks. I loved getting close to them but I was worried about my own kids squeezing them! The sales clerk told me it was a TSC company policy just changed that week. I bought 8 mixed bantam and was also very curios what they are, can't wait for them to show me! The staff had no idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by