anyone know what breeds could be mixed in

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmyLittle, Mar 18, 2015.

1. AmyLittle

AmyLittle Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2015
    Ohio
    I am just curious I know they are mutts. They are very small and have feathers on they're feet. They all came from the same two roos and two hens that ran lose on my brothers property. Please don't pay attention to they're pen we moved and needed a temperary pen. I have plans for a large pen and run I'm hopeing to get it up soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Yes I'm sure those are mixed breeds especially if they came from a mixed flock. Do you know what your brother had in his flock? I'm thinking that there were some brahma's in the mix because they have similar color and combs.

3. AmyLittle

Mar 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Know he just had the four someone gave him. His two roos looked nothing alike. I know they are complete mutts but I was just wandering if someone would notice a certain breed or two in there. They are small and lay small eggs.

4. Twistedfeather

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Probably bantam then.

5. AmyLittle

Mar 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Also if you look at the fourth picture down the white one is a roo and he looks nothing like the other roosters.

6. AmyLittle

Mar 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Thanks I was just curious. I like the fact they are so unique.

7. Twistedfeather

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    It opens up a lot of genetic infrastructure as you see what genes are dominant and what are recessive in each breed and specie. The only problem with it is it can muddle purebred lines when people try to use them in breeding programs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by