1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone Know What Color My Ameraucauna Will Be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sunny Windsong, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sunny Windsong

Sunny Windsong Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Albuquerque, NM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my little Josephine. Feed store labeled her an Ameraucana, but they were all sorts of colors with no specific color details. She definitely has the puffy cheeks and a bit of the beard.
    Anyone know what color she'll be?

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Sorry but you have an Easter Egger. Most feed stores sell Easter Eggers under the name Ameraucana. Easter Eggers are mixed breeds so you can never really know what color they will be.

3. amymboxer

amymboxer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    Cute Easter egger! I just started chickens several weeks ago. I have Easter Eggers and then Blue Ameraucanas from a breeder. I also have several other breeds as well. My easter eggers have various duckwing patterns. Kinda fun because you never know exactly what you are going to get. Since they are a mixed breeed you tend to get various traits from them from what I understand. Here are some of my Easter Eggers. My one that started out chipmunk colored is the lighter patterned fellow[​IMG][/IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. amymboxer

amymboxer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    I agree.

6. Sunny Windsong

Sunny Windsong Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Albuquerque, NM
    Well ok then! No harm, no "fowl!" Lol
    She's just the sweetest little girl so I really don't care what breed she is.
    Thanks for the clarification!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by