1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone know what I am???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lyz, May 4, 2009.

1. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    We were given these chickens and noone knows what kind they are...these are full grown...they fit in your hand...they lay eggs about the side of the tip of your thumb...very pleasant...but not sure what they are...HELP PLEASE....

Also...the eggs they lay are green for the brown chickens...and brown for the black chicken....Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help....[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    All I would be able to guess is some kind of Bantam as they are small birds. Maybe someone else will help you out here. [​IMG]

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    The black one looks like a Cochin bantam or cross of one, and if the others are laying green eggs they are more likely bantam Easter eggers or cross of them as well. And if they are that small they may be crossed with Serama.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  4. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

green eggs - EE

5. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    thanks everyone...we only know that they are cute...and they are very friendly....the littlest brown one waits on the front porch for my daughter to get off the bus...she is out there everyday...and just sits there....

6. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    awww I want a little chicken.... hmmmm

7. Lyz

Lyz Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    little chickens are fun to have around...my daughter sits on the porch swing with hers and rocks and sings to it....spoiled ...just a little

8. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Little chickens are the best.
    Im thinking the brown is Ameraucana or EE cross too. I had a small silkie-cana as a broody and she looked just like that with a poof on her head and extra toes. She laid mossy/sea green eggs.

I had her in with the Seramas, and when she was gone. I took her last egg and hatched it. I think it's a She, and going to be a SilkieSeramaCana. That's cool with me, she can brood some Serama eggs!!
    I LOVE using colored egg laying hens as broodys, because you can leave them in with your breeders,(or out in tractors) and you know who's egg is who's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by