Anyone know what kind of chicken this is??

mamarama

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Hi everyone,

We just hatched out a bunch of chicks, and one looks different than all the others. They all hatched from brown eggs, and the guy we got the eggs from said they were australorps. But one is brown instead of black, doesn't seem to be developing a tail (yet!), and the others all are, has a different colored face and her legs, instead of being mostly black, are kind of greenish, maybe? Here are some pics and perhaps someone will know what she is. Maybe an Easter egger? Anyway, she's very docile and sweet, not flighty at all like the rest are. I just love this chicken (I'm certainly hoping it's a hen, cause I can't have roosters)!!

DSCF2553.jpg

DSCF2554.jpg

DSCF2556.jpg

Are those little ear muffs I see peeking out there? I'm thinking this is a little Easter Egger.

Edited to add: Even though this chick hatched from a brown egg, it could still be an EE. One of mine lays brownish/pinkish eggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello......such a pretty chick.......my guess would be EE or a EE cross.... the comb and the legs look very EEish...lol. I hope it turns out to be a hen for ya!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks for your input, everyone! So for now I'm calling her an EE...

<yawn> My cat had kittens last night, and I was up until o'dark thirty with her...chicks and kittens all at once, wow!

Thanks again!

Mamarama

Back
Top Bottom