Anyone know what my babies might look like? =) Lots of PICS...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    Australorp daddy and possibly Golden Laced Mommy? BO mommy? I have another austorlorp but obviously they didnt come out FULL aus (there VERY dark! not even like my Aus babies when they were little)...one DOES have a blonde head so i'm wondering if the 4 are GLW with my Roo and the 1 is BO/Aust Roo? THEY sure are SWEET though [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and more JUST b/c...[​IMG]
    Proud Daddy! [​IMG]
    LOVE [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See my blonder baby in the back? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    ONE more [​IMG] FREE Piggy back rides!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    They will grow up to be mostly black with lots of gold on the chest and gold/brown markings extending out towards the rest of the body. They'll vary a little, but most will be quite black. [​IMG]

To tell the difference in Wyandotte mom vs Orpington mom, look at the combs. . . The Wyandotte mom will have chicks with flat, broad combs. The Orpington will have chicks with combs just like hers. They're tiny at this age, but you'll see em.

And yes, Buff Orpington x Australorp will make more of an orange head as seen than a Gold Laced Wyandotte x Australorp.

4. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    all i know is.....they sure are VERY cute!!!! sweet lil' things!!! congrats!!!

5. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    Thank you!!! [​IMG] They sure are sweet...i never knew how much fun it would be watching them with momma!

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Super Cute! [​IMG]

I hatched a Blue Andalusian mix chick a few weeks back and he looks similer to your chickies! [​IMG]

7. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Wow they are so adorable! Makes me want some chicks. Also your roo is gorgeous!

8. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    thank you!!! i think he is too but im pretty partial [​IMG] hes pretty full of himself though...LOL:plbb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by