Anyone know what these cameras for elderly....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Dec 8, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    are called? I saw an ad for a digital camera that works like a security camera. Hooked up in your parents home it allows you to see the parent via your computer, in a sense checking on them each day.

I told my dad about them and he is interested in getting one so I can keep an eye on him. He said he was still interested in it even after I explained that he would have to get high speed internet connected in his home for it to work.

I can't find the ad, can't remember what the brand name was, and a quick search turned up nothing.

2. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Similiar, but the ones I saw in the ad were small - not much larger than a deck of cards, fit into a corner in any room in the house. Kinda the same thing as a nanny cam.

Thanks for the reply. [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
  4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

very interesting - the camera check in.

We use skype with my my MIL. The computer is on all the time, and set to answer automatically. (she does not use the computer for anything at all, it is just for skype)

It points in the living room, towards her favorite chair. With skype any of us kids, the grandkids or extended family can then call and check in with her.

I don't know if something like this would work. It of course is not in every room.

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    This one would allow me to check in on him remotely via my computer.

Gonna get out DH's AARP magazines and see if I can find the ad again.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    My MIL has some kind of small cameras set up in her house that she uses to keep an eye on her dogs via the computer at work. I could find out what she uses. I do know the cameras are pretty small and they send videos to her e-mail or something.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by