Anyone know what type of comb this is?

Wishapup

Songster
7 Years
May 1, 2013
Canada
7 month old LF/bantam cross rooster--"Quinn". I can't really describe his comb...is it just considered a blob?
tongue.png
Or a pea comb that turned into a blob?

Might have to get a better picture.

I didn't expect that unusual comb out of him as a chick...

But he was just a random cross, so I didn't know what to expect.
smile.png

KIND OF LOOKS LIKE A WALNUT OR A CUSHION COMB?

Interesting! Thanks for the response! He does have Silkie in his heritage...either his grandfather or great-grandfather...I've never heard of a cushion comb. Will have to look it up.

It's a funky comb.

Seriously, it's like Easter egger colors--there's not a specific name for it. You can tell he has silkie back there somewhere, and probably straight comb, but it's not a "type" of comb.

I got a variety of combs from his brothers, as well. This is the dad, who is half Silkie:

Quinn's brother, Flurry:

3rd brother, Shakespeare:

4th brother, Splash:

I'm inexperienced with identifying combs, but they all seem quite different to me.

It's a funky comb.

Seriously, it's like Easter egger colors--there's not a specific name for it. You can tell he has silkie back there somewhere, and probably straight comb, but it's not a "type" of comb.

lol.png
I agree. He is a complete mix, so I could get anything. I love all the different combinations I get with Silkie mixes, present or not present: leg feathering, blue ears, "top hat", tons of colours, combs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom