anyone know where you can get dog run fencing for a coop? NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Apr 26, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    we are building a second place for chicekns and really want the 6ft high dog fencing panels-I can't seem to find ay good deals to save some money-anyone know who sells them at a good price-we are looking for enough to make two runs-one for each side of our new coops-one side to grow the grass while the other side is used and switch every week or so-I'm thinking 24 panels-I think the size is 8 ft x 6ft? I live in way way upstate NY-Id be willing to drive my truck to pick up-if someone wants some removed from there property-depending on how far?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Have you tried a craigslist or a bulletin board posting?

3. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Have you tried Craigslist? I just sold two of them a few months ago for $50 each. I always see dog runs and kennel fencing listed in the pet section. Or you can place a free listing in the "Wanted" section.
    Good Luck!

ETA: Looks like we posted at the same time! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I check CL all the time and people always seem to swoopin just before me-havent seen anything lately-bulletin boards? like ina grocery store? bummer you just sold them? 50$ a piece? like 1 panel for 50$

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I love craigslist. I find sooo much on there!

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yup just checked CL and everyone is looking for it too! I posted a want ad with them thoguh just in case? thanks for the help and if anyone else knows someone up here in NY ADIRONDACK area feel free to give me PM!!!

7. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:post on freecycle too! i got free chicken wire from that!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Never heard of it-that's why I love you guys so much!!! Ill try that tomorrow when I have more time-in the mean time my Dh knows of a house down the road with 4 panels that ave been just sitting there on the ground-Ill go right up to them and ask if they want me to "take it away" for them-or buy them if they want some $ I just dont want to spend a bundle considering the new coop is running us 400$ or more so far!

9. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

HELLO! Just to let you know I bought a 6 x 10 kennel for $100 in Rotterdam (near Schenectady) OR I have also seen on Craigslist ads for chain link fencing rolls, then you would only have to add posts. Maybe some 6 - 8 " pine trees cut to height - saw them on a farm that used them with field fencing. Looked very nice and probably free trees. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open for you!

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ooh you did get lucky! thats for the eye out--your right about the rolled fencing we though of that too-we are just really thinking that we want to build a resistant hard knoxx fencing-but we are looking into the logs for fencing and such-we just already had the 6 x 8 fencing -about 10 panels-so we thought to keep it the same would be best for the looks and strength-nothing has touched our birds since we put it up last fall- thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by