Anyone listen to National Public Radio?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wings, Apr 3, 2009.

1. wings

wings Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I love it! Even though I'm a kid, I love NPR! (I guess you could totally label me as a geek for that.) What shows do you guys listen to?

2. Clay in MS

Clay in MS In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Mendenhall, MS
    My radio dial stays on NPR more than any other station.
    I have satellite radio also but find myself listening to NPR for the news and talkshows. All Things Considered is one of my favorites.

3. Indychick

Indychick In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I listen almost exclusively to NPR. At home, in the car, at work. And I even subscribe to several podcasts. Could be considered an addiction - [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I love NPR in the car.

DBF hates it. so I only listen when I'm in the car by myself.

The Splendid Table always makes me drool.

5. wings

wings Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Most of my iPod is filled with NPR! I'm a teenager: I should be listening to Brittney Spears: not Carl Cassle!

6. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Most of my iPod is filled with NPR! I'm a teenager: I should be listening to Brittney Spears: not Carl Cassle!

Don't sell yourself short! I didn't get turned onto NPR until i was in my 20s (in my 30s now).

Brittany Spears is no role model. [​IMG]

7. Indychick

Indychick In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

HA!! [​IMG]

8. Karlachix

Karlachix Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    NPR is great! I've learned so many interesting things and found cool books, music, etc from listening.

I heard one of my favorite quotes ever on NPR a few years ago. I believe it was said by David Sedaris "I check my email with the frequency of a lab rat self-administering cocaine."

There's a Canadian show they play in the evenings (can't remember the name) that I love.

9. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:I love Sedaris! I went to see him do a reading a couple of years ago. He's soooo funny. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" is a very funny book.

10. wings

wings Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I love Sedaris! I went to see him do a reading a couple of years ago. He's soooo funny. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" is a very funny book.

Hehe. I like him too. [​IMG]

Have you guys heard of "Santaland Diaries"? It's AMAZING! (for Christmas, at least)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by