ANYONE looking for the dark BLRW or QUALITY Marans?? go here

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fdnick, Jan 29, 2008.

1. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI everyone, I got some wheaten marans eggs from Ron presley and he had his partner send them a Buddy from http://www.backwoodspoultryfarm.com/Contact_.html
    the
    eggs were a good 7 to 8 on the scale and GORGEOUS.. he also has 2 lines of the BLRW's the dark lines we are all searching for and the light ones like you would get from a hatchery.. really nice guy his email is backwoodspoultry at gmail.com

anyhoo wanted to share as so many of us have been looking for the dark birds :O)
    Denna

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info. I have talked to him before but I haven't bought from him yet!
    He does have some beautiful birds and eggs.

3. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    $60 for a dozen eggs! I don't have to wait for my dial-up to know that those are beautiful birds!

4. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    Gosh I was hoping no one would discover Buddy and his website until I had my dozen eggs ordered and paid for.

5. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HAHA.. SORRY.. they may cost a few shuckles but he sure has nice birds :O)
    Denna

6. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    LOL, i paid $60 a dozen for bev's bird's eggs. quality marans are worth every penny in my opinion.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yep....I truely think you get what you pay for most of the time!

8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    I checked out his BLRW , they are still a little long in the back , but best coloring and chests I have seen in a long time.

I honestly wish I hadn't made my choice of birds up already, I would have started up again with these birds available.

Great egg color on the Marans too, I saw a post from someone else selling Maran eggs and my Welsumers (industrial quality from Ideal) lay darker eggs.

9. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    pipermark hit the nail on the head.. If you are going to breed why not breed the best you can. Like Katy said "you get what you pay for" If you are looking for a backyard flock that lays dark eggs and do not care about the "standard" or "type" then the hatcheries are for you.. If you have a passion to breed the "best of the best" then its folks like us who are always trying to improve our stock at whatever the cost.. we spend hours searching the net and boards for a breeder with the "perfect" birds.. HAHA knowing the best we could do is eggs cause I am sure most of us could not afford pullets or starts of these quality [​IMG]

probably sounds silly but thats why I post whenever I come across great birds I figure there are others out there who are looking too .. HAHA [​IMG]

10. msbliss

msbliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Denna, I put some of Buddy's dark BLRW and Wheaten Marans eggs into the 'bator yesterday myself! [​IMG] Yes, his Marans egg color is nice! Another great source for beautiful Wheatens (and nice egg color) is Laura T - I hatched several of her Wheatens, now 3 wks old down to 1 week old.

Are you already incubating Buddy's eggs? I'll be watching to see how your hatch goes as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by