Anyone make Belly Bands for dogs?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Pampered Chicken, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    If so how much are they and do you have pics? Thanks

2. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    I don't have them but I know somebody who makes/sells them:

http://www.showpaps.com/bellybands.html

I'm assuming you've got some sort of little dog. A belly band on a 30+ pound dog probably wouldn't hold enough to prevent accidents.

3. Pampered Chicken

Oct 25, 2009
    Nope I need one for my senior Lab.

4. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I just PMed you about one I have, but I guess it wouldn't fit a Lab, so you don't need to reply. Mine was for a smaller dog. Good luck finding a big one.

5. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    okay, so what are these used for?

6. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    PC, if it's for a dog that large, I'd suggest buying a package of those large pads that go on an invalid's bed. They're designed for large amounts of liquid. They should be large enough that you could fold and wrap the pad around the old guy's belly. I know Wal-Mart carries them. Here's a link to show what I mean:

http://www.hdis.com/products/underp...id=CPG5oYXw9aQCFQl_5Qod2kbWiA&manufacturer=11

Good luck. Poor old guy. [​IMG]

7. Pampered Chicken

Oct 25, 2009
    Yes I figues I'd use something like that inside but was hoping for something that looked nice so tha old guy doesn't look bad. LOL

8. SallyF

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:They're used for leaky or incontinent male dogs. They're called belly bands or male wraps. Sort of like Depends, but without the leg holes!

9. SallyF

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:If you've got a Petco or Petsmart near you, check them. Or they both have on-line websites; you may even be able to get them from Amazon. The one I bought was blue denim, should look OK on a male Lab. You could always accessorize with a bandanna around his neck also; he'd look very manly!

10. Pampered Chicken

Oct 25, 2009
    I did find some on Ebay. I just wanted to support a BYCer. I want my old man to age with dignity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by