anyone make custom photo blankets?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ams3651, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    My friend mentioned she saw in Sears photo studio that they could get a blanket made with photos on it. I told her there has to be someone on the internet that makes them cheaper. Its a Christmas gift for her mother and I know she would appreciate something homemade and I believe in supporting people who make handmade. The one in Sears was $300. Anyone make these?

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I saw them at Walmart photo center for around $100.

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I can, have before. But when all's said and done you might be better off doing it at walmart. Materials alone costs me right around 100, and then there's the cost for time....if you can find it at walmart you might be better off...

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Hmmm, I have that as an option for my clients. I don't remember who does it off hand.

Try http://www.etsy.com it's a site of handmade stuff.

Honestly, I hate Walmart for so many reasons and would never recommend going there.

5. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:i found one who does it on ebay for around $100 but I thought I would ask here too.

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

We did it as a mothers day present. Dont know if its what your looking for, but we had family photos printed on iron on fabric transfers. Then we ironed each transfer on to each square of a quilt.

It was cheap, easy, and our mother loved it.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Banned them several years ago...6 to be exact.

It might be nice to have a photo blanket for an older parent or a child to pass down. Neat idea.

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

How do you live without Wal-Mart. I understand the corporate monopoly opposition and all, but seriously, how do you live without it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by